“Influencing Change Advocacy Series”
with Paula Buege & Tamra Oman
Paula Buege is a Wisconsin Certified Peer Specialist and Certified Parent Peer Specialist, and a facilitator of both curriculums too. In addition to providing direct support to individuals, children/youth and their families, Paula trains and consults nationally influencing systems change to align with lived experience.
Tamra Oman is a Wisconsin Certified Peer Specialist and a trainer of the curriculum. In addition to her work at EXPO WI, Tamra trains and consults nationally on lived experience with a focus on carceral systems.
Are you a WI Certified Peer Specialist?
Tired of just going along for the ride? Join us and get in the driver’s seat!
You have probably wanted services and supports in the field to reflect peer values, elevate peer voices, and be effective in supporting recovery (i.e.: housing, peer run services, equity in employment, criminal justice reform, etc.). This series of workshops will support you to be leaders and influence changes you know work and are effective!
Date: Fridays, June 23; June 30; July 7; July 14; July 21
Time: 1:00PM – 4:00PM
Topics to Anticipate
SESSION ONE: JUNE 23rd
Want Change? Your Voice Matters!
LEARN GOVERNMENT STRUCTURE IN ORDER TO MAKE AN IMPACT!
- Learning who are your elected representatives, how to find out what they’re supporting & what committees they sit on. Why is it important for you to know who your elected people are?
SESSION TWO: JUNE 30th
A Multicultural / Intercultural Model – PART 2
- Learn how your state’s budget process works and how your personal and professional expertise will influence how state and federal dollars are spent.
SESSION THREE: JULY 7th
Allyship, Advocacy & Success-Partnering
- You know the saying, “If you’re not at the table, then you might be on the menu!” Learn the roles of the power players so you’re sitting at the table and influencing change!
SESSION FOUR: JULY 14th
Confronting Classism in the Workplace
- We need leaders to turn this bus around! There are statutorily required councils and committees where it is mandatory that 51% membership are people with lived expertise. THIS IS WHERE YOU COME IN!! Learn how to become a member and influence change. Get in the driver’s seat and take it to the winner’s circle!
SESSION FIVE: JULY 21st
Recognizing Racism in the Workplace
- This group of movers and shakers will collectively create the roadmap to be the change you want to see. This workshop includes working together developing strategies and creating the action plan to meet with your legislators on topics that impact your work and life.