We have a page and an online form for this! Please click here to learn more and fill out a reasonable accommodations request application.
Exams will be conducted online and remotely throughout 2022, possibly going in-person in 2023. Online/remote exams are not hosted at Independent Living Centers.
Official CPS and CPPS exam results are emailed to you within 30 days of the exam as a PDF exam results letter attachment.
Please do not contact the Wisconsin Peer Specialist Employment Initiative requesting results during that time.
For in-person exams (currently on-hold due to COVID-19), you can expect the following:
- The Wisconsin CPS and CPPS exams take place over the course of 3 hours, and you are not required to stay for all 3 hours and may leave as soon as you are finished with the 62 question exam.
- Over 95% of exam participants complete the exam in 2 hours. The 3 hour time block is built in to accommodate time-and-a-half accommodations requests.
- The exam will begin promptly at the designated time, so please arrive 15 – 20 minutes early in order to check in and ensure you are ready to begin at the appropriate time.
- All testing centers are fragrance free environments, so please do not wear any perfume, cologne, or other scented products.
- If you choose to bring your phone, tablet, laptop, or other electronic device, you will be asked to leave it with testing center staff for the duration of your time taking the exam.
- If you choose to bring a purse, bag, backpack, or other personal carrying item, you will be asked to leave it with testing center staff for the duration of your time taking the exam.
- We strongly recommend leaving these items at home or in your car, if you drove to the testing site, when taking the exam.
- No food or drink will be permitted while taking the exam other than water.
- No study materials will be permitted while taking the exam; however, you will be provided with a pen and paper should you feel the need to take notes. You will be asked to return both items to testing center staff after the exam.
- You will be asked to complete a short survey after you complete the exam.
You can apply for the next Certified Peer Specialist exam by visiting the UW-Milwaukee School of Continuing Education exam application page. For Certified Parent Peer Specialist exams, you can apply by visiting the CPPS exam application page. Please know that as of September 2021, UWM is restructuring the exam registration form. This new form will be available in October 2021.
The applicant information section at the links above can be submitted electronically. Payment must be submitted separately. If you cannot submit the applicant information section electronically, it needs to be printed, signed and mailed with payment and required documentation.
Please submit the $50.00 exam registration fee and required documentation to:
UW -Milwaukee School of Continuing Education
Gloria T. Lane
161 W. Wisconsin Ave. Suite 6000
Milwaukee, WI 53203-2602
Check is to be made out to:
UW-Milwaukee School of Continuing Education
Your form and $50 fee must be postmarked no later than the exam application deadline found on our exams page.