Now that I’ve completed a training, how do I become officially certified as a Certified Peer/Parent Peer Specialist?
Share Article:

In order to become certified, you are required to pass the statewide exam conducted by the UW-Milwaukee School of Continuing Education. Exams are separate from trainings, occur on specific dates throughout the year, and are completed online at the eight Independent Living Centers (ILCs) throughout Wisconsin. You may apply for an exam within one year of your training. Passing scores for the exam are 85% or higher. Those who wish to retake the certification exam must complete the retake application.

For personal questions concerning the exam, please contact Peer Specialist Certification Program Manager Gloria T. Lane at 414-227-3352 or at

Related Articles

Sign Up for Information on Training, Jobs, and Continuing Education Opportunities