32223 Online Certified Peer Specialist Training of the Trainer (CPS ToT) – March 2023
March 22 @ 9:00 am - March 29 @ 4:00 pm
We are happy to announce a virtual Certified Peer Specialist Training of Trainers coming in March of 2023!
In March 2023, the Division of Care and Treatment Services (DCTS) and staff at Access to Independence working on the Wisconsin Peer Specialist Employment Initiative will be holding an online Certified Peer Specialist Training of the Trainer (CPS ToT). This training will only be open to current trainers and certified peer specialists from partnered organizations who will be supporting with the upcoming translation of the CPS curriculum.
Training dates: March 22nd-24th (Wed-Fri) and 27th-29th (Mon-Wed)
Hours: 9am-4pm CT (includes 45 minutes for lunch and breaks throughout training)
Trainers: Gaochi Vang, Marguerit Galindo, Victor Kilpatrick, and Paula Buege
The following are required to be eligible to apply to this CPS ToT:
- Must be a Certified Peer Specialist with active Wisconsin certification or attain certification as a peer specialist in Wisconsin by January 18th, 2023
- Must reside in any Wisconsin county
- Must be willing and able to facilitate a minimum of 2 CPS trainings per year
- Must be able to facilitate online trainings and arrange for travel for facilitation of in-person trainings
It is anticipated that 20-25 participants will be selected for this training. To be considered for selection, you must meet the basic eligibility requirements above, submit an application form, and complete a virtual interview. There is no training registration cost for participants, and selected participants will be compensated at $35/hour for the training.
**A reminder that current trainers who are interested in continuing to be a Certified Peer Specialist trainer after their certificate expires in 2023 (March 2023 or August 2023) will have to apply to this Training of the Trainer. If your certificate expires in August of 2023 but the March training was not completed, priority for training facilitation will go to trainers who are trained in the latest curriculum.
When to Apply (and Deadlines/Closing)
A button will appear below this section with the words “Click Here to Apply” at the time applications open. Click that button to access the application form for this training.
Applications Open: Monday, December 19th, 2022 at 12pm (noon)
Application Deadline: Tuesday, January 31st, 2023 at 12pm (noon)
Click Here to Apply
Filling Out and Submitting the Online Application
First, we highly recommend filling out and submitting the online training application form using a desktop computer or tablet and not a smart phone. We are not responsible for nor are we able to retrieve applications that become lost, receives an error and/or fails to meet the application submission period. Unfortunately, there is no way for us to retrieve applications that fail to upload nor are we able to provide the privilege to submit an application once the application process has closed, to anyone.
It is important that you answer all required questions (marked with an asterisk) on the online training application form. There are also formatting requirements in regards to dates and other fields (such as email address). If required fields are not answered in the application form or the fields are entered incorrectly, it will register as an error and your application will not be submitted to us when you press the “submit” button.
This is what happens if you try to submit an application with errors:
- Applicant presses “submit” button
- Instead of being redirected to the “application submission page,” the training application form page reloads
- This page now contains language telling the hopeful applicant that some fields were entered incorrectly (applicant may need to scroll down to see this)
- Incorrectly filled out or missing fields are highlighted in red
- Applicant should fix errors and resubmit
- Upon successfully addressing errors, the application submission page with a timestamp will appear (we recommend you print or save a print screen of this page when it appears) and a copy of the application will be sent to the applicant’s email address they provided alongside an outline of next steps
Please note: If the application form or event page page reloads instead of the “application submission page,” there is something wrong with your application, and you will need to follow the instructions to address any errors.
What to Expect After Applying
Once the application deadline has passed, trainers will be sent applications to review, contact applicants for virtual interviews, and then select a final cohort of training participants after conducting virtual interviews. Everyone can expect to hear back about the final decision in regard to their application.
Please know that it may take some time for participant selection to be finalized, and we ask for your patience. Final selection decisions for this training may not be made until Tuesday, February 28th, 2023 (three weeks prior to the training start-date).
Click Here to Apply