Online Certified Peer Specialist (CPS) Training (Black community-specific) – Applications Closed
April 5 @ 4:00 pm - April 30 @ 7:00 pm
We are happy to announce an online Certified Peer Specialist training coming in April of 2021!
This Black community-specific training is the second in a series of various community-specific Certified Peer Specialist trainings this year.
Training dates: April 5th-6th, 8th-9th, 12th-13th, 15th-16th, 19th-20th, 22nd-23rd, 26th-27th, 29th-30th (4pm-7pm all days)
Determining Eligibility and Fit
The following are required to be eligible to apply to this CPS training:
- Must self-identify as Black / African American / African or of African Descent or a member of the African Diaspora.
- Must self-identify as having navigated personal lived experience of mental health and/or substance use challenges
- Must reside in any Wisconsin county (this training is open statewide to Black communities)
- Must have at least a high school dimploma or GED equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age or older
14-18 participants will be selected for this training. To be considered for selection, you must meet the basic eligibility requirements above, submit an application form, and complete an interview. There is no training registration cost for participants.
We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the role of a Certified Peer Specialist before applying. Click here to learn more about the role and work of a Certified Peer Specialist.
When to Apply (and Deadlines/Closing)
A button will appear below this section with the words “Click Here to Apply” at the time applications open. Click that button to access the application form for this training.
Applications Open: 12pm (noon) on Monday, February 8th, 2021
Application Deadline: 12pm (noon) on Monday, March 8th, 2021
Possible Early Closing of Applications:
A maximum of 50 applications will be considered. If 50 applications are received prior to the application deadline (see above), the application form will automatically close and no additional applications will be received.